AMD APP KernelAnalyzer has been succeeded by AMD’s CodeXL. With the exception of critical bug fixes, there will be no new versions of APP KernelAnalyzer.
OverviewAMD APP KernelAnalyzer is a static analysis tool to compile, analyze and disassemble an OpenCL kernel for AMD GPUs. It gives you accurate performance estimates for your kernels and even allows you to view disassembly of the generated hardware kernel, all without having to run the application on actual hardware. It can be used as a GUI tool for interactive tuning of an OpenCL kernel or in command line mode to generate detailed reports. Go to Downloads
New in Version 1.12
- Support for Catalyst™ driver 12.1-12.4
- Support for AMD APP SDK 2.7.
- Compile, analyze and disassemble the OpenCL kernel for multiple Catalyst driver versions and GPU device targets.
- View any kernel compilation errors and warnings generated by the OpenCL runtime.
- View the ISA code generated by the AMD Shader Compiler.
- View various statistics generated by analyzing the ISA code.
- View General Purpose Registers and spill registers allocated for the kernel.