Advanced Media Framework SDK
The Advanced Media Framework SDK provides developers with optimal access to AMD GPUs for multimedia processing.
Download the latest version - v184.108.40.206
This release adds the following features:
- HDR color conversion in the encoder.
- New QVBR rate control mode and LTR encoder mode.
- Extended statistic and quality metrics in the encoder.
- Frame rate parameter became dynamic and HDR color conversion was updated.
- Updated samples with encoder latency functionality.
The AMF SDK may be used in developing wireless display, remote desktop, video editing, transcode and playback applications. Specifically, developers can use the AMF SDK for accessing AMD media accelerators for video encoding and decoding and color space conversions.
The AMF SDK allows optimization of application performance by utilizing CPU, GPU compute shaders and hardware accelerators for media processing. These optimizations are applicable to a wide range of applications such as gaming or content creation. Programming of AMD Video Engines (UVD and VCE/VCN blocks) is also an important part of the functionality that AMF provides to developers.
- Windows® 7 (SP1 with the Platform Update), Windows® 8.1, or Windows® 10.
- Visual Studio® 2017 or Visual Studio® 2019.
- AMF runtime is available in the Pro driver as an optional component. Driver and AMF component installation instructions are available on the AMF GitHub Wiki page.
- RHEL 8.4 / 7.9.
- CentOS 8.4 / 7.9.
- Ubuntu 20.04.2 / 18.04.5 HWE.
- SLED/SLES 15 SP3.
- AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.6.1 (21.20.01.14) or later.
- AMF 1.4.9 or later requires Vulkan® SDK for some samples and AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 (18.30.01.01) or newer. This version supports Linux – see amd.com for driver support.
- AMF 1.4.4 or later requires OCL_SDK_LIGHT. Previous versions require AMD APP SDK (Version 3.0 or later), Microsoft® Windows® 10 SDK (Version 10586 as required by the build solution) and some samples require the Microsoft® Foundation Class Library.
- Examples are built with Visual Studio® 2013, Visual Studio® 2015, Visual Studio® 2017 and Visual Studio® 2019.
- AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphic cards.
- Decode and color conversion support within DirectX® 12 pipeline.
- Decode of VP9 and AV1 files on supported hardware.
- Encode features to support importance maps, picture management, output timeout, statistics and throughput ceilings.
- Pre-Encode filter within Encode Pre-Processing component.
- Updated samples with Pre-Encode filter and frame injection functionality.
- Encode pre-analysis component to improve the perceived quality of encoded video.
- Support for Vulkan® and Linux® along with bug fixes (Vulkan encoder supports H.264 only).
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 18.8.1 (18.30.01.01) or later.
- Support for Video Stitching and bug fixes.
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson 18.3.4 (17.50.33) or later.
- Support for Game DVR and bug fixes.
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson 17.12.1 (17.50.02) or later.
- Support for FFMPEG 3.3.1 and bug fixes.
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson 17.7.2 (17.30.1041) or later.
- Support for the H.265 encoder(HEVC) and bug fixes.
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson 17.1.1 (16.50.2611) or later.
Our other SDKs
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is our fast, easy, and incredible physically-based rendering engine built on industry standards that enables accelerated rendering on virtually any GPU, any CPU, and any OS in over a dozen leading digital content creation and CAD applications.
Radeon™ Machine Learning (Radeon™ ML or RML) is an AMD SDK for high-performance deep learning inference on GPUs.
Harness the power of machine learning to enhance images with denoising, enabling your application to produce high quality images in a fraction of the time traditional denoising filters take.
The D3D12 Memory Allocator (D3D12MA) is a C++ library that provides a simple and easy-to-integrate API to help you allocate memory for DirectX®12 buffers and textures.
The AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK is designed to access display driver functionality for AMD Radeon™ and AMD FirePro™ graphics cards.
The AMD GPU Services (AGS) library provides software developers with the ability to query AMD GPU software and hardware state information that is not normally available through standard operating systems or graphics APIs.
VMA is our single-header, MIT-licensed, C++ library for easily and efficiently managing memory allocation for your Vulkan® games and applications.
AMD TrueAudio Next is a software development kit for GPU accelerated and multi-core high-performance audio signal processing.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based path traced rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images.
The lightweight accelerated ray intersection library for DirectX®12 and Vulkan®.
GPUPerfAPI provides access to GPU Performance Counters. It analyzes performance and execution characteristics of applications using a Radeon™ GPU.
Compressonator is a set of tools to allow artists and developers to more easily work with compressed assets and easily visualize the quality impact of various compression technologies.