Advanced Media Framework SDK
The Advanced Media Framework SDK provides developers with optimal access to AMD GPUs for multimedia processing.
Download the latest version - v126.96.36.199
This release adds the following features:
- New AMD Direct Capture component and updated DVR sample app
- New HQ Scaler ( Bilinear / Bicubic / FSR )
- Vulkan support for PreAnalysis component
- Vulkan support for HEVC Encoder ( Navi+ )
- Support for temporal layer query for AVC and HEVC Encoder
- Support for consecutive B-frames and adaptive miniGOP for AVC Encoder
- Improved H264 Encoding on Vulkan ( both Windows & Linux Navi+ )
The AMF SDK may be used in developing wireless display, remote desktop, video editing, transcode and playback applications. Both cloud gaming and remote gaming applications are also possible with the AMF SDK. Specifically, developers can use the AMF SDK for accessing AMD media accelerators for video encoding, decoding, color space conversion, pre-analysis, pre-processing, display capture and high quality scaling.
The AMF SDK allows optimization of application performance by utilizing CPU, GPU compute shaders and hardware accelerators for media processing. These optimizations are applicable to a wide range of applications such as gaming or content creation. Programming of AMD Video Engines (UVD and VCE/VCN blocks) is also an important part of the functionality that AMF provides to developers.
- Windows 7 (SP1 with the Platform Update) (AMF v188.8.131.52 and older).
- Windows 8.1 (AMF v184.108.40.206 and older).
- Windows 10, or Windows 11.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (DX12 Decoder and Converter Only).
- Visual Studio® 2017 or Visual Studio 2019.
- AMF runtime is available in the Pro driver as an optional component. Driver and AMF component installation instructions are available on the Wiki page.
- RHEL 8.4 / 7.9.
- CentOS 8.4 / 7.9.
- Ubuntu 20.04.2 / 18.04.5 HWE.
- SLED/SLES 15 SP3.
- AMF SDK is backward compatible with all previous driver versions.
- Version 1.4.24: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 22.3.1 (21.50.11.03) or newer. Added new AMD Direct Capture mode, new HQscaler feature(Bilinear/Bicubic/FSR), new Vulkan HEVC encoder on Navi family, improvements on H264 Vulkan encoding.
- Version 1.4.23: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 21.12.1 (21.40.11.03) or newer. Added new Auto LTR encoder mode, additional encoder usage presets and encoder statistics/feedback.
- Version 1.4.21: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 21.10.1 (21.30.25.01) or newer. Added PSNR/SSIM score feedback, new QVBR rate control mode and LTR mode for encoders, added HDR support for HEVC encoder and color converter, new EncoderLatency sample app.
- Version 1.4.18: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 20.11.2 or newer. Added Pre-Encode filter within Pre-Processing component in 1.4.18.
- Version 1.4.9 or later requires Vulkan SDK for some samples: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/ and AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 (18.30.01.01) or newer. This version supports Linux (see amd.com for driver support).
- Version 1.4.4 or later requires OCL_SDK_Light: https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK/releases. Previous versions of AMF require the AMD APP SDK (Version 3.0 or later), Windows 10 SDK (Version 10586). This version requires AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.7.2 (17.30.1041) or newer.
- Version 1.4: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.1.1 (16.50.2611) or newer.
- Version 1.3: AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 (16.30.2311) or newer.
- New Auto LTR encoder mode.
- FFmpeg updated to version 4.3.2.
- Additional statistics and feedback in encoder.
- New encoder usage presets.
- Main 10 HEVC encoder profile support.
- Support for encoder instance selection.
- HDR color conversion in the encoder.
- New QVBR rate control mode and LTR encoder mode.
- Extended statistic and quality metrics in the encoder.
- Frame rate parameter became dynamic and HDR color conversion was updated.
- Updated samples with encoder latency functionality.
- AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphic cards.
- Decode and color conversion support within DirectX® 12 pipeline.
- Decode of VP9 and AV1 files on supported hardware.
- Encode features to support importance maps, picture management, output timeout, statistics and throughput ceilings.
- Pre-Encode filter within Encode Pre-Processing component.
- Updated samples with Pre-Encode filter and frame injection functionality.
- Encode pre-analysis component to improve the perceived quality of encoded video.
- Support for Vulkan® and Linux® along with bug fixes (Vulkan encoder supports H.264 only).
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 18.8.1 (18.30.01.01) or later.
- Support for Video Stitching and bug fixes.
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson 18.3.4 (17.50.33) or later.
- Support for Game DVR and bug fixes.
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson 17.12.1 (17.50.02) or later.
- Support for FFMPEG 3.3.1 and bug fixes.
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson 17.7.2 (17.30.1041) or later.
- Support for the H.265 encoder(HEVC) and bug fixes.
- Required: AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson 17.1.1 (16.50.2611) or later.
Our other SDKs
HIP RT is a ray tracing library for HIP, making it easy to write ray tracing applications in HIP.
Orochi is a library which loads HIP and CUDA® APIs dynamically, allowing the user to switch APIs at runtime.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is our fast, easy, and incredible physically-based rendering engine built on industry standards that enables accelerated rendering on virtually any GPU, any CPU, and any OS in over a dozen leading digital content creation and CAD applications.
Radeon™ Machine Learning (Radeon™ ML or RML) is an AMD SDK for high-performance deep learning inference on GPUs.
Harness the power of machine learning to enhance images with denoising, enabling your application to produce high quality images in a fraction of the time traditional denoising filters take.
The D3D12 Memory Allocator (D3D12MA) is a C++ library that provides a simple and easy-to-integrate API to help you allocate memory for DirectX®12 buffers and textures.
The AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK is designed to access display driver functionality for AMD Radeon™ and AMD FirePro™ graphics cards.
The AMD GPU Services (AGS) library provides software developers with the ability to query AMD GPU software and hardware state information that is not normally available through standard operating systems or graphics APIs.
VMA is our single-header, MIT-licensed, C++ library for easily and efficiently managing memory allocation for your Vulkan® games and applications.
AMD TrueAudio Next is a software development kit for GPU accelerated and multi-core high-performance audio signal processing.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based path traced rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images.
The lightweight accelerated ray intersection library for DirectX®12 and Vulkan®.