AMD FidelityFX Denoiser includes specialized spatio-temporal denoisers optimized for specific workloads:
- Shadow Denoiser: Designed to denoise a shadow mask created from tracing jittered rays towards a single light source.
- Reflection Denoiser: Designed to remove noise from the result of tracing jittered reflection rays based on surface roughness.
Download the latest version
An example use of AMD FidelityFX Shadow Denoiser exists within the Xbox Game Development Kit samples.
Optimized for Shader Model 6.0+
Open source, MIT license
Shadow Denoiser specific features
- Spatio-temporal denoiser, specialized for shadow denoising.
- Tile classifier to skip work on areas without spatial variance in the shadow mask.
- Increased contribution of spatial filters on low temporal sample counts.
- Analysis of the local pixel neighborhood to counter ghosting artifacts.
Shadow Denoiser comparison
Shadow Denoiser additional resources
Head over to our Hybrid Shadows sample to see the Shadow Denoiser in action.
Microsoft® Game Stack Live: Denoising Raytraced Soft Shadows on Xbox Series X|S and Windows with FidelityFX
This presentation will explain how the AMD FidelityFX Denoiser allows for high-quality raytracing results without increasing rays per pixel, and deep dives into specific AMD RDNA™ 2-based optimizations that benefit both Xbox Series X|S and PC.
This sample demonstrates how to combine ray traced shadows and rasterized shadow maps together to achieve higher quality and performance.
Reflection Denoiser Features
- High performance spatio-temporal denoiser, specialized for reflection denoising.
- Tile Classifier to skip non reflective areas.
- Variable Rate Traversal: From full rate for mirror reflections down to quarter rate for glossy reflections.
- Temporal Variance Guided Tracing.
- Classifier pass for reflection rays and denoiser tiles.
- Spatial filter pass.
- Temporal reprojection pass.
- Gaussian blur.
Reflection Denoiser Comparison
How the Reflection Denoiser works
Reflections Denoiser additional resources
Head over to AMD FidelityFX SSSR to see the Reflections Denoiser in action.
More AMD FidelityFX effects
AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) is our open-source, high-quality, high-performance upscaling solution.
AMD FidelityFX Parallel Sort makes sorting data on the GPU quicker, and easier. Use our SM6.0 compute shaders to get your data in order.
AMD FidelityFX Variable Shading drives Variable Rate Shading into your game.
AMD FidelityFX LPM provides an open source library to easily integrate HDR and wide gamut tone and gamut mapping into your game.
AMD FidelityFX Combined Adaptive Compute Ambient Occlusion (CACAO) is an RDNA-optimized implementation of ambient occlusion.
FidelityFX Single Pass Downsampler (SPD) provides an RDNA-optimized solution for generating up to 12 MIP levels of a texture.
Radeon™ Cauldron is our open source experimentation framework for DirectX®12 and Vulkan®.
AMD FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS) provides a mixed ability to sharpen and optionally scale an image.
Our other effects
A multithreaded CPU library for deformable material physics, using the Finite Element Method (FEM)
The DepthOfFieldFX library provides a GCN-optimized Compute Shader implementation of Depth of Field using the Fast Filter Spreading approach.
GeometryFX improves the rasterizer efficiency by culling triangles that do not contribute to the output in a pre-pass. This allows the full chip to be used to process geometry, and ensures that the rasterizer only processes triangles that are visible.
ShadowFX library provides a scalable GCN-optimized solution for deferred shadow filtering. It supports uniform and contact hardening shadow (CHS) kernels.
The TressFX library is AMD’s hair/fur rendering and simulation technology. TressFX is designed to use the GPU to simulate and render high-quality, realistic hair and fur.