The industry leading, hair rendering solution.
The TressFX library is AMD’s hair/fur rendering and simulation technology. TressFX is designed to use the GPU to simulate and render high-quality, realistic hair and fur.
High quality anti-aliasing
Samples and documentation
Autodesk® Maya® plugin
Are you an Unreal Engine developer?
The Unreal version of TressFX now supports 4.26.
- Hair is skinned directly, rather than through triangle stream-out.
- Signed distance field (SDF) collision, including compute shaders to generate the SDF from a dynamic mesh.
- New system for handling fast motion.
- Refactored to be more engine / API agnostic.
- Example code includes compute-based skinning and marching cubes generation.
- DirectX 12 support.
- The biggest update in TressFX v3.1.0 is a new order-independent transparency (OIT) option we call “ShortCut”. It has bounded memory and potentially higher performance than the full per-pixel linked list (PPLL) method. Note, though, that it does not give quite the same quality result as the PPLL method, and thus represents a memory/performance vs. quality tradeoff.
Our other effects
AMD FidelityFX Parallel Sort makes sorting data on the GPU quicker, and easier. Use our SM6.0 compute shaders to get your data in order.
AMD FidelityFX Variable Shading drives Variable Rate Shading into your game.
AMD FidelityFX Denoiser is a set of denoising compute shaders which remove artefacts from reflection and shadow rendering.
A set of guidelines for developers on how to present options in the game’s user interface to enable/disable AMD FidelityFX Effects.
AMD FidelityFX LPM provides an open source library to easily integrate HDR and wide gamut tone and gamut mapping into your game.
The AMD FidelityFX SSSR effect provides an open source library to easily integrate stochastic screen space reflections into your game.
AMD FidelityFX Combined Adaptive Compute Ambient Occlusion (CACAO) is an RDNA-optimized implementation of ambient occlusion.
FidelityFX Single Pass Downsampler (SPD) provides an RDNA-optimized solution for generating up to 12 MIP levels of a texture.
A multithreaded CPU library for deformable material physics, using the Finite Element Method (FEM)
Radeon™ Cauldron is our open source experimentation framework for DirectX®12 and Vulkan®.
AMD FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS) provides a mixed ability to sharpen and optionally scale an image.
The DepthOfFieldFX library provides a GCN-optimized Compute Shader implementation of Depth of Field using the Fast Filter Spreading approach.
GeometryFX improves the rasterizer efficiency by culling triangles that do not contribute to the output in a pre-pass. This allows the full chip to be used to process geometry, and ensures that the rasterizer only processes triangles that are visible.
ShadowFX library provides a scalable GCN-optimized solution for deferred shadow filtering. It supports uniform and contact hardening shadow (CHS) kernels.