Fast. Easy. Incredible.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based path traced rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images.
Download the latest version - v2.02.17
This release adds the following features:
- Misc fixes in final rendering and interactive rendering
- Interactive rendering new features:
- Shadow catcher
- Software ray tracing for older GPUs
- Illumination AOVs
- FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 2 (FSR 2) integration
- Cutting plane support
- Light BVH
Primitive variables, flexible ramp node, beta support for HIP in Radeon™ ProRender SDK 2.02.11
The latest release of the ProRender SDK introduces support for primitive variables, enhanced Cryptomatte AOVs, AMD’s HIP API, and much more.
Find out more about Radeon™ ProRender 2
Hardware-Accelerated Ray Tracing in AMD Radeon™ ProRender 2.0
With specific hardware acceleration features implemented, content creators can accelerate their rendering using AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series graphics cards with Radeon™ ProRender 2.0.
AMD RDNA™ 2 – Hardware-accelerated Ray Tracing in Radeon™ ProRender 2.0 – YouTube link
Introducing the new version of AMD Radeon™ ProRender 2.0 with AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series graphics cards support. Find out about the performance optimizations we achieved from the hardware ray tracing support.
Radeon™ ProRender creates stunningly photorealistic images
Radeon™ ProRender plug-ins
Open source plug-ins and add-ons are freely available for developers to use as implementation examples and for the rendering community to build upon.
Autodesk® 3ds Max®
USD Hydra Render Delegate
Learn more about our plug-ins from our blogs
Radeon ProRender updates for Blender, Houdini, and Maya
Read about our improvements to RPR Interactive mode, a faster Vulkan ray-tracing renderer with better support for lights and materials, new nodes, and more.
Latest updates to Radeon™ ProRender plug-ins
Find out more about all our updates to the Radeon ProRender plug-ins, including new fog and shadow settings for ProRender in Blender and Maya.
December AMD Radeon ProRender updates – USD, MaterialX, new Materials library, plug-in updates
A new focus on USD and MaterialX workflows, including our brand new MaterialX library, and updates to our Radeon ProRender plug-ins.
New Radeon™ ProRender plug-in updates
Our Blender® add-on, Autodesk® Maya® plug-in, and the SideFX® Houdini™ (USD) plug-in now incorporate the latest Radeon™ ProRender SDK.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender SDK 2.0 beta updates and new plug-ins released
Announcing a big update to the Radeon™ ProRender SDK 2.0 beta, along with new beta versions of our open-source plug-ins for Autodesk® Maya, Blender®, and SideFX® Houdini.
Revolutionize your render times with the cloud! Render Pool™, powered by Morgenrot, provides distributed cloud-based high-speed rendering services for your exported Radeon™ ProRender scenes6.
AMD USD Hydra Plug-in for Blender
Pixar® USD™ technology is quickly becoming an industry standard, and Blender® is an equally important 3D software that needs to work in a larger ecosystem of other content creation applications.
There is now a robust and open way to exchange and assemble data from multiple assets in Blender thanks to our new USD™ Hydra™ plug-in that includes Radeon™ ProRender and uses the open source MaterialX standard for materials.
AMD Blender® USD™ Hydra™ Plug-in Overview – YouTube link
This tutorial video demonstrates how to use our USD Hydra plug-in for Blender®, which uses the power of Open Standards to enable you to reference and assemble USD™, and use MaterialX.
AMD USD™ Hydra™ plug-in for Blender®
Find out about our exciting new plug-in for Blender®, which uses the power of Open Standards to enable you to reference and assemble USD™, and use MaterialX.
GPUOpen MaterialX library
If you’re looking for a resource for MaterialX samples, look no further than our MaterialX library.
Discover some of the stunning renderings produced by the Radeon™ ProRender Community
This animation, made by RJ Nievera, shows another fantastic example of a Radeon™ ProRender rendering.
What our partners are saying about Radeon™ ProRender
“AMD has made great use of Microsoft’s low-level machine learning API, DirectML, to implement a powerful and efficient Denoising filter within AMD’s Radeon ProRender graphics rendering engine.”
– Kam VedBrat, Partner Group Program Manager, Microsoft
“As we continue to grow our business and meet new customer demands with our products, adding photorealistic rendering capabilities to InstaLOD Studio XL was a logical next step.
With the new version of InstaLOD Studio XL, and the partnership with AMD and its Radeon ProRender technology, we continue on our path to disrupt the industry.
– Manfred M. Nerurkar, CEO, InstaLOD GmbH
“For our rendering solution, we had three primary requirements. First is that the render needs to be fast and photorealistic. Second is that the solution needed to be hardware-agnostic allowing us to reach a larger install base. Third is that we need a partner who is easy to work with. AMD and Radeon ProRender met these needs and enabled us to deliver a great solution to the market.”
– Shane Griffith, Senior Product Manager, MODO
“At ACCA, we focus on Building Information Modelling solutions that simplify the workflow for our users. That is what attracted us to Radeon ProRender. It is a powerful rendering technology, was straightforward for our engineers to implement, and is easy for our customers to use.”
– Guido Cianciulli, CEO, ACCA software
Your feedback is important to us. Why not let us know what you think?
Please see the full release notes on GitHub.
Want more Radeon™ ProRender content?
Other ProRender products
Orochi is a library which loads HIP and CUDA® APIs dynamically, allowing the user to switch APIs at runtime.
Radeon™ ProRender Suite
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is our fast, easy, and incredible physically-based rendering engine built on industry standards that enables accelerated rendering on virtually any GPU, any CPU, and any OS in over a dozen leading digital content creation and CAD applications.
Radeon™ Machine Learning (Radeon™ ML or RML) is an AMD SDK for high-performance deep learning inference on GPUs.
Radeon™ Image Filtering Library
Harness the power of machine learning to enhance images with denoising, enabling your application to produce high quality images in a fraction of the time traditional denoising filters take.
The lightweight accelerated ray intersection library for DirectX®12 and Vulkan®.
Blogs and videos
This is additional ProRender-related content not already linked elsewhere on this page, with the most recent first.
Radeon™ ProRender SDK 3.1.0 introduces bevel shader support, light linking, and much more
We are happy to announce Radeon™ ProRender SDK 3.1.0 is finally available, so let’s take a look at the latest updates and improvements.
Radeon ProRender now supports Khronos ANARI
ANARI is a (provisional) open standard API for scalable 3D data visualization, and is a big step in standardizing the scientific rendering pipeline.
Taking part in the rendering challenge at AWS GameDay 2021
AMD was recently involved in an exciting rendering challenge for teams taking part in AWS GameDay as part of AWS re:Invent 2021.
New renderer backend and more in the updated Radeon™ ProRender SDK 2.02.10
Introducing a new renderer backend and support for simpler volumes, cutting planes, and artistic control of shadow color. Also, new SDK tutorials are now available.
Introducing Radeon™ ProRender SDK 2.02.6
Introducing support for Apple M1, heterogeneous volume, and deepEXR. Plus improved CPU rendering, and toon contour rendering.
Radeon Rays v4.1 is now available – with open source!
Our accelerated ray intersection library for DirectX®12 and Vulkan®. The source code for v4.1 is now available on GitHub under the MIT license.
Updated Radeon ProRender 2 SDK now available with many new features
Read about Cryptomatte support, light group AOVs, deformation motion blur, homogeneous volume support, and our toon material in Radeon™ ProRender.
Radeon™ ProRender Full Spectrum Rendering 2.0: The Universal Rendering API – YouTube link
Introducing the new version of Radeon™ ProRender 2.0, the Universal Rendering API.
A Review of GPUOpen Effects – YouTube link
This presentation will provide a technical overview of existing and new graphics effects available in GPUOpen and detail integration procedures for them.
Welcoming Radeon™ ProRender developers to GPUOpen!
Welcome Radeon™ ProRender developers to your new home! It’s never been easier to get started with Radeon™ ProRender, its now available under Apache 2.0 license.
Real-Time Ray Tracing with Radeon ProRender
AMD announces Radeon™ ProRender support for real-time GPU acceleration of ray tracing techniques mixed with traditional rasterization based rendering.
Open-source Radeon ProRender
Information about the open-source availability of the Radeon™ ProRender renderer. We will give a brief summary of its features and provide some technical insights into the internals of the renderer.
- AMD Radeon™ ProRender Linux® support is currently only available for Foundry® Modo® and for the Blender® and SideFX® Houdini™ plug-ins.
- AMD Radeon™ ProRender macOS® support is currently only available for Foundry® Modo® and MAXON Cinema 4D™, and for the Autodesk® Maya®, Blender®, and SideFX® Houdini™ plug-ins.
- When using AMD Radeon™ ProRender 2.0 with support for GPU + GPU rendering, the AMD Radeon™ Pro VII GPU enables up to 16% faster render times when compared to CPU rendering alone, and the AMD Radeon™ Pro VII + AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ 3990X enables up to 47% faster GPU+CPU render times when compared to GPU rendering alone in the internal AMD “Breakfast room” render test. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of April 29, 2020, on the AMD Radeon™ Pro VII graphics card and pre-release AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise 20.Q2, on a test system comprising an AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ 3990X, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, MSI TRX40 motherboard with BIOS version 1.22N3 at default settings, 500 GB SSD, Windows® 10 Pro November 2019 Update. Benchmark Application: ran the Radeon™ ProRender 2.0 SDK internal AMD render test rendering the “Breakfast room” render. Scores are based on AMD internal lab measurements and may vary. RPS-127
- Only available with the AMD Radeon™ ProRender plug-ins for Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Maya®, and Blender®.
- Full Spectrum Rendering is only available for the Autodesk® Maya® (Windows® only), Blender®, SideFX® Houdini™, and Unreal® Engine plug-ins.
- Links to third party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied.
- Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance and W11 EQ Performance banner images, video animation, and desktop and smartphone wallpaper renders created by The Pixelary using AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Blender®. Video animation rendered using Render Pool™ powered by Morgenrot. 3D model courtesy of Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team. “Mercedes-Benz”, “Three-pointed star in a ring”, “Mercedes-AMG Petronas” are all registered trademarks of Daimler AG. Renders and animation created with permissions from Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited. All logos featured on the livery and tires are used with the permission of their respective owners all of whom reserve their respective rights in the same.