The Vulkan® out-of-order rasterization sample shows how to use the out-of-order rasterization extension.
It’s built on top of the Anvil framework, which simplifies the development of Vulkan® applications. You can read more about Vulkan® on our dedicated page:
On GCN GPUs supporting the extension, you can toggle between relaxed and strict rasterization orders by pressing the space key. The background color will also change to indicate a mode switch.
- AMD Radeon™ GCN-based GPU (HD 7000 series or newer)
- Or other Vulkan™ compatible discrete GPU.
- Windows® 7 (SP1 with the Platform Update), Windows® 8.1, or Windows® 10
- Or Linux (Ubuntu)
- Visual Studio® 2013 or Visual Studio® 2015
- Or on Linux, anything supported by CMake that has a proper C++11 compiler.
- Graphics driver with Vulkan support
- For example, AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.2 or later.
- The Vulkan SDK must be installed.