AMD TrueAudio Next is a software development kit for GPU accelerated and multi-core high-performance audio signal processing.
| DOWNLOAD - Latest version 188.8.131.52
This release adds the following features:
TrueAudio Next provides pre-optimized library functions for computationally expensive algorithms such as time-varying audio convolution, FFT/FHT, and audio-oriented vector math. Sample applications and examples are included to facilitate integration into audio applications. The SDK also provides GPU utility functions that support AMD GPU Resource Reservation, a technology that allows audio to share resources on the GPU with graphics while avoiding impacts to quality-of-service.
The SDK comes packed with the following features:
Accelerating game audio on the GPU frees CPU bandwidth for game physics and AI, while enabling advanced interactive acoustics modeling on many audio streams.
Advanced audio processing has greatly increased compute requirements:
- Physics-derived audio benefits from real-time, time-varying convolution performed on every audio source. TAN Convolution leverages the power of the GPU to provide reliable time-varying convolution for many audio sources, without blocking the graphics compute queue.
- Higher-order Ambisonics rendering (3rd order or higher) adds the most environmental realism, but can require 16, 25 or 36 time-varying convolution filters per audio source. TAN makes these higher filter counts practical and simple to implement.
- Most advanced audio algorithms depend on high-performance FFT or FHT (Fast Hartley Transform). The TAN library enables these algorithms to leverage the GPU.
- A mixing application is included so that multiple audio sources can be mixed locally on the GPU to minimize data transfer overhead.
- The TAN library may be used in conjunction with Radeon Rays as foundational accelerated algorithms for a complete physics-based audio solution.
| RELATED TO TRUEAUDIO NEXT
Beyond Spatial Audio: TrueAudio Next Acceleration of Steam Audio Sound Reflections with Third Order Ambisonics – Demo Video
Higher levels of realism and believability can be achieved when accurate sound reflections are deployed in a game or experience. Spatialized, physically generated reflections can achieve this goal.
The AMD TrueAudio Next open-source library and driver-controlled CU Reservation enables dramatically higher levels of audio rendering realism in VR.
| OUR OTHER SDKS
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is our fast, easy, and incredible physically-based rendering engine built on industry standards that enables accelerated rendering on virtually any GPU, any CPU, and any OS in over a dozen leading digital content creation and CAD applications.
Radeon™ Machine Learning (Radeon™ ML or RML) is an AMD SDK for high-performance deep learning inference on GPUs.
Harness the power of machine learning to enhance images with denoising, enabling your application to produce high quality images in a fraction of the time traditional denoising filters take.
The Advanced Media Framework SDK provides developers with optimal access to AMD GPUs for multimedia processing.
The D3D12 Memory Allocator (D3D12MA) is a C++ library that provides a simple and easy to integrate API to help you allocate memory for DirectX®12 buffers and textures.
The AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK is designed to access display driver functionality for AMD Radeon™ and AMD FirePro™ graphics cards.
The AMD GPU Services (AGS) library provides software developers with the ability to query AMD GPU software and hardware state information that is not normally available through standard operating systems or graphics APIs.
The Vulkan Memory Allocator (VMA) library provides a simple and easy to integrate API to help you allocate memory for Vulkan buffer and image storage.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based path traced rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images.
The accelerated ray intersection library for DirectX®12, Vulkan®, HIP and CPU.
GPUPerfAPI provides access to GPU Performance Counters. It analyzes performance and execution characteristics of applications using a Radeon™ GPU.
Compressonator is a set of tools to allow artists and developers to more easily work with compressed assets and easily visualize the quality impact of various compression technologies.