Today, we’re making these shiny new effects even better! We’ve just introduced Vulkan® support to:
- FidelityFX SSSR (Stochastic Screen Space Reflections).
- FidelityFX LPM (Luminance Preserving Mapper).
- FidelityFX CACAO (Combined Adaptive Compute Ambient Occlusion).
Don’t worry – we can count! Our other new effect we released in May – FidelityFX SPD (Single Pass Downsampler) – already supports Vulkan®. The latest features we’ve added to it today deserve their own news post; you can find out about FidelityFX SPD v2.0 here.
Learn more about these updated effects with the links below:
FidelityFX LPM provides an open source library to easily integrate HDR and wide gamut tone and gamut mapping into your game.
The AMD FidelityFX SSSR effect provides an open source library to easily integrate stochastic screen space reflections into your game.
FidelityFX Combined Adaptive Compute Ambient Occlusion (CACAO) is an RDNA-optimized implementation of ambient occlusion.
Not only that, but to support these updates, we’ve also released version 1.2 of Cauldron. This is our framework library for rapid prototyping using either the Vulkan® or Direct3D® 12 APIs.
The Cauldron v1.2 update has the following features:
- The benchmarking mode can now save screenshots for every keyframe (DX12).
- Extensions can be enabled from the app side (VK).
- Uses DXC for HLSL code (DX12/VK).
- Texture loading and MIP generation now uses multithreading (DX12/VK).
- Pipeline generation and shader compiling use now multithreading (DX12/VK).