LiquidVR™ provides a Direct3D® 11 based interface for applications to get access to certain GPU features, regardless of whether a VR device is installed on a system.
Download the latest version - v18.104.22.168
This release adds the following features:
- Async Compute : Provides in D3D11 a subset of functionality similar to async-compute functionality in D3D12.
- Multi-GPU Affinity : Provides explicit multi-GPU control via ability to send D3D11 API calls to one or more GPUs via an affinity mask.
- Late-Latch : Provides ability to reduce input or tracking latency by reading constant data updated by the CPU after the original D3D11 calls.
- GPU-to-GPU Resource Copies : Provides ability to copy resources between GPUs with explicit control over synchronization.
LiquidVR™ provides a Direct3D® 11 based interface for applications to get access to the following GPU features regardless of whether a VR device is installed on a system:
- TrueAudio Next: is a scalable AMD technology that enables full real-time dynamic physics-based audio acoustics rendering. Leveraging the powerful resources of AMD GPU Compute, it enables the truly immersive audio required to achieve full presence in VR.
- Asynchronous Shaders: Provides a subset of the async compute functionality native to Direct3D® 12 in Direct3D® 11. Helps to increase performance and decrease latency.
- Affinity Multi-GPU: Provides the ability to send Direct3D® 11 API calls to one or more GPUs set via an affinity mask.
- Latest Data Latch: Provides the ability to update data asynchronously from the CPU to reduce input or sensor latency.
- Direct-to-Display: Bypasses the operating system and sends the result of VR rendering straight to the headset for lower latency and better compatibility. This LiquidVR™ functionality is exposed in a special SDK targeted at headset vendors, and is not application-accessible.
- GPU-to-GPU Resource Copies: Provides ability to copy resources between GPUs with explicit control over synchronization.
- Motion Estimation: Calculates the motion estimation generated from two surface frames. Motion estimation works on specific GPUs and can be used for ASW.
- Vulkan® Interoperability: Provides conversion for buffers, surfaces and semaphores.
The LiquidVR™ run-time is automatically installed by the current AMD drivers. All that is needed for usage in an application is the
LiquidVR.h header file, which is included in the LiquidVR™ SDK on GitHub. Download the White Paper to read a quick start guide which describes how to integrate LiquidVR™ into an application.
- AMD Radeon™ GCN-based GPU (R9 390 or better recommended)
- Windows® 7 or newer
Related to LiquidVR™
Croteam’s Karlo Jez writes about AMD LiquidVR MultiView Rendering in Serious Sam VR with the GPU Services (AGS) Library.
This guest post by Croteam’s Karlo Jez gives a detailed look at how Affinity Multi-GPU support was added to their game engine.
The AMD TrueAudio Next open-source library and driver-controlled CU Reservation enables dramatically higher levels of audio rendering realism in VR.
Our other SDKs
HIP RT is a ray tracing library for HIP, making it easy to write ray tracing applications in HIP.
Orochi is a library which loads HIP and CUDA® APIs dynamically, allowing the user to switch APIs at runtime.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is our fast, easy, and incredible physically-based rendering engine built on industry standards that enables accelerated rendering on virtually any GPU, any CPU, and any OS in over a dozen leading digital content creation and CAD applications.
Radeon™ Machine Learning (Radeon™ ML or RML) is an AMD SDK for high-performance deep learning inference on GPUs.
Harness the power of machine learning to enhance images with denoising, enabling your application to produce high quality images in a fraction of the time traditional denoising filters take.
The Advanced Media Framework SDK provides developers with optimal access to AMD GPUs for multimedia processing.
The D3D12 Memory Allocator (D3D12MA) is a C++ library that provides a simple and easy-to-integrate API to help you allocate memory for DirectX®12 buffers and textures.
The AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK is designed to access display driver functionality for AMD Radeon™ and AMD FirePro™ graphics cards.
The AMD GPU Services (AGS) library provides software developers with the ability to query AMD GPU software and hardware state information that is not normally available through standard operating systems or graphics APIs.
VMA is our single-header, MIT-licensed, C++ library for easily and efficiently managing memory allocation for your Vulkan® games and applications.
AMD TrueAudio Next is a software development kit for GPU accelerated and multi-core high-performance audio signal processing.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based path traced rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images.